Winter sports tryouts start November 15th. The registration portal opens Oct 16th.
Registration for Winter sports this year will take place right here by clicking on MyMCPS Portal If you have not done so yet, please make sure you register for the MyMCPS Portal now. If you are not on the Portal you will not be able to register your child for athletics.
Registration for winter sports will open October 16th. You will not be able to register for athletics before then. You must register your athlete by November 13th to ensure they are able to tryout on November 15th.
A few important items about physicals:
- Please upload your physical when registering to ensure we have a record if the form is lost.
- YOU MUST TURN YOUR PHYSICAL INTO THE COACH AT THE SPORTS-SPECIFIC MEETING TIME AND LOCATION PRIOR TO TRYOUTS.
- The (physical) should be the only MCPS required paper that you need to turn in to participate once you register.
- If you have a current physical on file it will show up when you register. Physicals are valid for one calendar year and must be valid during the entire sports season.
Some teams may require additional forms that are sport specific and not on the registration portal. Any sport specific forms not on the online portal are not available from the Athletic Department.
Step-by-step Winter Sports Registration
Athletics Online Registration Directions
- Register on MvMCPS Parent Portal
- Between October 16 and November 12 register your child for your sport in Winter Athletics on MyMCPS Portal
- UPLOAD A PHYSICAL
- Turn your completed physical (if no valid physical is online already) in to the coach on the date requested once your online registration is complete. Individual sport coaches will hold meetings to collect the form.
- Complete registration and turn in physical by November 13th to ensure you are eligible to compete on the first day of November 15th.