25 Patriots competed at the 4A West Regional track meet this past Thursday where they delivered their absolute best performances this indoor season. The boys and girls team had a combined total of 19 personal best in both relays and individual event!
Individual highlights include:
- Seniors Abbie Tran and Gwen Klein improved their marks in the 500 and 800 respectively. Abbie ran a monstrous 1:26.16 and Gwen blasted a 2:32.26.
- Grace Osman put all freshmen on notice with her season best of 44.42 in the 300M dash.
- The young guns of Mitchell Fanger, Matthew Klien and Richard Qiao improved their 1600M with times of 4:52.54, 4:52.61 and 4:54.91.
- Junior Mitchell Fanger cruzed a 2:15 in the half mile.
- Junior Samuel Yi muscled his way around the track for a time of 73.03 in the 500M.
- Junior Ana Scherf dashed her way to a season best of 7.85 in the 55M.
- Junior Josh Ko sprinted the sticks for a career best of 9.36 in the 55 hurdles.
- The team of Dimagi Kottage, Gwen Klein, Valerie Hubert and Erin Chelf ran the 3rd fastest indoor 4×800 in Wootton history with a notable time of 10:25.08.
- Girls 4×400 team of Abbie Tran, Grace Osman, Dimagi Kottage and Shireen Chavoshi ran the 5th fastest all time for the indoor 4×400 with a mark of 4:23.52
- Girls 4×200 team of Midori Smith, Ana Sherf, Grace Osman and Shireen Chavoshi passed the baton to a season best of 1:52.89.
- Boys 4×400 Team of Josh Ko, Samuel Yi, Keith Cartwright and Ambrose Devine ran the 2nd fastest indoor time in Wootton history with a time of 3:41.08. This time is one second off an automatic qualification for Penn relays in the spring.
Sophomore Keith Cartwright and senior Steven Zou had very strong performances in the 55 dash. In the last 55 dash of his high school career, Steven hit an all-time best of 6.87. This time moved Steven to the 5th fastest indoor time in Patriot’s history.
Keith ran and incredible season best of 6.79 which nearly placed him in the 55 dash final. The young sophomore missed the finals by 1/1000th of a second. Keith’s remarkable time moved him to the 2nd fast 55 dash in Patriot history behind Jaron Woodyard.
The boys relay team of Steven Zou, Ambrose Devine, Tafari Martin and Keith Cartwright broke the indoor 4x200M relay record with a new mark of 1:36.83.
Finally, a big congratulations goes out to the two Maryland State qualifiers, Erin Chelf and Ambrose Devine. Erin set a season best of 2:25.40 in the 800M which gave her an automatic qualifying time for the state meet. Erin’s time is also the 4th fastest in Wootton’s history behind Rachel Maizel.
Seeded with the 8th fastest time going into the 55 hurdle finals, Ambrose Devine ran a technically sound 8.35 race finishing 3rd overall and automatically qualifying for the state meet.